Do you have just a ton of stuff hanging around your basement/garage/shed/insert other junk collecting place here because it is “hazardous”, and you can’t just leave it out for garbage day? Yeah, me too!
The good news is it is Spring cleaning time and Erie County just happens to have a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event coming up right up the street in Clarence!
They will ONLY take:
- Fire Extinguishers
- Oil Based Paint and spray cans
- Gas, Kerosene, antifreeze
- Paint thinners/strippers/solvents
- Those little 1lb propane cylinders for your grill
- Mercury thermometers and thermostats
They will NOT TAKE:
- Latex Paint-is NOT hazardous, just dry it out by opening it and letting it solidify or at kitty litter. You can throw that in regular trash.
- Tires- There is another event for getting rid of tires
- Light Bulbs
- Computer stuff-Best Buy takes all this stuff
- 20lb Propane Tanks
- Smoke Detectors
- Car Batteries
- Motor Oil
- Pharmaceuticals-drop off box at Newstead Town Hall
- Alkaline Batteries- go in regular trash
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
The event takes place May 11:
Clarence Highway Department
6185 Goodrich Rd
Clarence Center, NY 14032
Registration opens TODAY, and Erie County residents MUST PRE REGISTER and set up an appointed time!!