Governor Cuomo has directed the Department of Transportation and the Thruway Authority to ban empty tractor trailers and empty tandems from portions of the New York State Thruway and some interstate highways in the Western New York, Central New York and Finger Lakes Regions due to high wind warnings and high wind watches.
The ban will take effect beginning at 10 a.m. Sunday, February 24.
Empty tractor trailers and tandems will be banned from the following interstate highways:
- I-390 from Dansville to Rt 104
- I-490 from I-90 exit 45 to I-90 exit 47
- I-590 (full extent)
- Rt 104 at the Bay Bridge
- I-190 from Grand Island to Lewiston / Queenston
- I-290 from I-190 to I-90
- NY 5 from I-190 to NY 179 (with a full truck ban on the elevated section of the Skyway)
- US 219 from I-90 to Peters Rd
- NY 400 from NY 16 to I-90
- I-990 from I-290 to NY 263
- I-90 between exit 31 (Utica) and exit 61 (Ripley to PA line)
- Niagara Thruway (I-190)